Welcome to my blog! My name is Hayley Meakes and I’m an experienced brand and marketing specialist, writer, entrepreneur, public speaker and trainer.
I own and run a number of businesses including Gain Momentum, a full-service marketing agency. I love what I do and I’m passionate about helping my clients move their brand, business and people forward.
I specialise in helping businesses of all sizes, that are ethical and are looking to grow and develop.
My core skills include strategic thinking, employee engagement and business training, branding and creative development, research, campaign planning and execution, digital marketing, employee engagement, educational marketing, project management and charity communications.
Here is a snapshot of my credentials:
- Over 20-years marketing experience – I ran my own creative agency for nearly 10-years
- I have won 4 national awards for effective marketing on a small budget within the retail sector
- 20-years educational experience and 12-years consumer, retail and B2B experience – working with household name clients
- Worked on campaigns for Co-op and John Lewis that achieved Green Sponsorship and Community Engagement awards respectively
- Successfully delivered major multiple campaigns into Boots, Tesco, Superdrug and Holland & Barrett on behalf of our health and pharmaceutical clients
- Achieved preferred agency status with Dept for Business Innovation & Skills
- Created and rolled-out an employee engagement programme for a large multi-sited insurance company. Within two years, attrition fell to 29% (from 59%). 79% of staff felt proud to work at the company (up 9%), 85% felt that the company followed a clear set of values and principles (up 36%) and 84% felt that their Manager supported them (up 38%)
- Achieved market penetration for Dogs Trust, ensuring that their materials were taken up by teachers in 96% of primary schools
This blog helps me to share brand and marketing knowledge, showcase what I have been up to and hopefully inspire others in their marketing journey.